Creating content that rocks
As part of a greater content strategy, video — as a means of providing content — is an essential tool for engaging an audience, and so we started our production journey with our own company video.
Why is video is an important part of content strategy?
Video provides a way to engage more directly with people, to tell a story, and to make information more accessible.
- Individuality and personality: video is a great way to bring content to life
- Engaging and creative: we live in a visual world and video provides a way to tell the story.
- Accessible: video makes the people behind the business more approachable, which encourages more open conversation
- Multi-sensory: video allows people to have different ways to engage online
- Enriching: video gives the online experience a different rhythm; it shakes up the content
- Shareable: video lends itself to being easily shared via online channels
- Complementary: video works alongside written content and images to create a rich story.
You’ve gotta have a plan
Work with a video producer to incorporate everything you need. At Rocksalt, we follow established production techniques to create, deliver and distribute high quality video.
- Determining the theme and overarching content, and how the video will fit with the business strategy
- Creating interview scripts and coordinating film production
- Developing 'on brand' visual design and art direction
- Creating animated storyboards for more complex productions
- Undertaking location and studio filming, editing, web and TV distribution
- Distributing video effectively via social media channels.
Find out more about our video production service.
In support of video
Axonn Media’s 2013 report on Video in Content Marketing supports our theory of integrating video in a content strategy, highlighting statistics from a survey of 600 people that indicate the benefits of video in a digital marketing strategy.